Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Thinking of you

Afternoon everyone!

My niece is spending the day at my house so she's running all around being cute. She's just about 17 months old, so she's so precious at this age.

Anyway, a little over a week ago, Andy's grandma fell and hurt her hamstring. I decided I would try and make her feel a little better, so I made a card and sent it to her last week. I haven't heard back from her, but Andy's mom told him that she liked the card.





It's a regular sized 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 card, but with a gate fold.
I believe that both papers on the outside are from Papertry Ink as well as the ribbon.
The butterfly was cut from Florals Embellished at about 2 1/2 inches I think? It could have been cut bigger, but oh well.
The stamp sentiment is from a Close to My Heart Stamp set. The inside stamp is from "Childhood Portraits" (I think is the name), also from Close to My Heart.
The flower paper is from the Die Cuts With A View Glitter paper stack.
I ran the outside blue pieces through the cuttlebug and I used an edger punch on the inside blue paper so the background would show through.
I added some more embellishment by using stickles on the butterfly and flowers on the cover.

Overall I was pleased with this card. I think it turned out really cute and I really hope it brightened Andy's grandma's day.

I more day of work this week because of Veteran's Day, so school is closed on Friday. I am so so excited. We also had professional development yesterday so we didn't have any kids. It made for a really easy day. My kids are not my favorite group this year... But I'm trying and working with what I got (they came to me a month into school...) My friend Melanie is going to come over and we're going to work on Thanksgiving cards. I've finished several sets of 3 x 3 notecards, so I'll have to take pictures of those to post my finished result. I'm still waiting for my envelopes for the mini notecards, but those should be in by Friday I think.

Anyway, more pictures tomorrow! I need to get caught up with all my crafts so that everyone can see what I've made so far.

Have a great night!

- Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment