Sunday, November 13, 2011

More of the Card Box

Hey everyone,

I finally was able to upload my pictures to my computer so I'll be able to post some of those. I've got a video to share, but it's not uploaded yet... Watch for that in a little bit.

Anyway, Andy and I went to Walmart to get his oil changed today, and I happened to walk by the ribbon aisle... I bought about 14 spools of ribbon in all different shades! I'm so excited to use them! I lined up all my ribbon in color order today and they all looked so pretty! We've also spent much of today watching the NASCAR race... Andy is in love with NASCAR, lol, so I guess I've got to like it too.

I wanted to share some more of the cards that I included in my friend Kelly's card box for her birthday.


I figured I should probably include a thank you card in her card set, so here it is. It's a 4 x 4 card. I used the DCWV Shimmer stack for the green layer, but I can't remember what the pink layer is.
I used core'dinations all in the family colors for the green and pink layer in the watermelon, but the white layer is from the Core'dinations pearl pack.
The watermelon is also cut from the Preserves cartridge (which is such a cute cartridge!)
The ribbon is from Papertry Ink.
I also use Stickles on the seeds in the watermelon.
The "Thanks a Melon" stamp is from MyPinkStamper Stamps Fruit and Veggie Puns set.
I had to make my own envelopes for these since I didn't have any laying around. I used the cricut, but can't remember which cartridge I used since it's been a month...


I guess I was on a pink and green kick when I made her cards... Anyway, this is the other monogramed card I made for her. I thought it would be nice for her to have two choices. This card is a standard 5 1/2 by 4 1/4 card. The card base is a Papertry Ink color (can't remember which one...)
I believe I also used the DCWV Shimmer stack for this card as well. I ran the white layer through the cuttlebug swiss dots folder to give it some texture.
I used a scallop edge punch on the boarder to give it a little more detail and then placed a vintage creme (Papertry Ink) layer behind the scallop edge.
I think the circle with the K was cut from the Storybook cartridge.
The ribbon is also Vintage Creme from Papertry Ink. I love thier colors, but thier paper is kind of thick for the cricut... I think they make nice card bases though.



This was the last card I made for her and I think it is by far my favorite card that I have made so far. I just think it's so cute!
The girl and cat are cut from Kate's ABCs (a beautiful cartridge!) at 4 I believe (it could be 3 3/4 though)
Most of the paper I used to make the little girl was from Core'dinations, though the brown background layer was cut from Stampin' Up (possibly Chocolate Chip?)
The card is a 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 card.
The glitter patterned paper layer is from the DCWV Nana's Kids stack and I think it is just the cutest paper!
I used the magenta, yellow, and icicle stickles for her hat to make it stand out and give it a little more shimmer.
The ribbon is from Papertry ink.
The inside sentiment is from a Close to My Heart set. It was a promotion where if you spent so much, you got a free stamp set. It came from the free stamp set and I thought it was just a nice anytime sentiment to put inside.

So yeah, I think this card turned out just so incredibly cute that I made a couple more for myself... I'm running out of the DCWV paper though so I might have to go get another stack just for that paper! Lol.

I'm still waiting for that video to finish loading, but it should be up later. It's just a short video where I finally show you one of the boxes of mini notecards that I've been working on. It's my first video so it's kind of bad... but I hope to make more in the future!!

Have a great night everyone!

- Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment