Monday, November 14, 2011

October Scrapbook Club

Hey everyone,

I'm feeling a little under the weather today... Couldn't yell at my students today because it hurt too much, so they took advantage of the fact that they couldn't hear me at times... but some of them realized how I was feeling and acted better today than normal, which was nice.

We looked at our first wedding venue today, Earhart Manor at Concordia University in Ann Arbor. It was nice, but I didn't realize it was outdoors, and I don't think I really want an outdoor wedding. We're looking at the end of September, so it would still probably be pretty nice weather, but we'll see.

So I wanted to share the layout from my October Scrapbook Club. I already shared the layout from November (the crayon one), but I hadn't had a chance to post this one yet because I just finally took a picture of it the other day. I had a lot of fun making this one, but it took about 2 1/2 hours total. I think that was partly because I was having fun chatting with the other girls in the club too.




I decided to title my page Pumpkin Patch because Andy and I were going to go to a pumpkin patch that weekend, but it was so late in the season that by the time we went, there was hardly any pumpkins left... needless to say I didn't get a pumpkin... So I might have to change the title to something like "Fall Memories" or save it for next year and make sure I go to a pumpkin patch early in the season.

The background paper is More Mustard from Stampin' Up, and the layer for the pictures is whisper white.
We inked around absolutely everything we could with Stampin' Up's Chocolate Chip (I think) ink.
The pumpkins were made from some templates that Michele (my demonstrator) had, and the paper we used to make them is the new Spice Cake from the Stampin Up Holiday Mini. I loved it so much, that I just had to buy my own pack of it to use. Not sure what I'll use it for yet, but I just love it! Maybe I'll use it on my other set of Thanksgiving cards I'm going to make. Or maybe I can use it for some fall themed note cards, or just cards in general. I also bought the fabric to make that bag I talked about a couple posts ago. It would also be nice to use with other fall scrapbook layouts.

I haven't scrapbooked in a while, other than club, and I really think I want to start doing some more layouts. I have so many pictures printed out, and so many more that I have yet to print, that I'm getting so behind. All summer long I carted my scrapbook stuff back and forth from my house to Andy's house so that I could scrapbook my memories with Andy. I'm going to get back into that after Christmas is over.

Anyway, we used the Stampin Up Simply Score tool to create the rosettes. I think we used the scallop punch to cut out the scallops, and then we scored them all over the paper. Then we mountain/valley folded them and put two of them together to make the one rosette. I ordered the Ribbons and Rosettes cartridge for my cricut, and I can't wait until that comes in because it will probably be so much easier to make them!

The buttons are the Jumbo Spice Cake Designer Buttons, also from the Holiday Mini, which I also bought because I loved them as well! I just can't get enough of thier products, I want everything!

 
Well, I think that's long enough for tonight... I am going to try and figure out how to create another video (without using a tripod since I don't have one) and actually show you step by step how to make this really cute Thanksgiving card I made. If not... then I'll post a picture by the weekend. Hopefully I feel better so I actually sound like myself if I can figure out how to film it...


Have a great night everyone!

- Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment