Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Cards

Hey!

I started a new project today, 3x3 mini note cards. I finished the actual cards, but I think I'm going to print out a monogram A for them before I call them finished. Hopefully I'll have time to do that tomorrow, plus make the box to put them in (inspired by Mary at www.cardztv.blogspot.com). This is my second set, so I'll post a picture of both when I'm done! I think I'm going to make a set for each of my coworkers at school that I'm close with and give them to them for Christmas. They're really easy and don't take too long to make. I'm becoming obsessed with them, so I'm sure you'll see many more sets to come. I'm going to a scrapbook club with my Stampin-Up demonstrator tomorrow though, so not sure I'll be able to finish tomorrow :( Last week was our first meeting, and because of the specials, we had to meet again so soon. I'll post pictures of both layouts. Kits to make them are available for $8.

Anyway, I wanted to start posting a couple of my cards. Since Halloween is over, I'll start with these.

I made about 5 of these cards and sent them out to people. I kept one to save in my stash to look at later. 
Card base - Orange Zest by Papertrey Ink
Blue Mat - Core'dinations paper embossed with the seeing spots folder
Ribbon (which I later tied a knot onto - I ran out while making these) from Joann Fabric
Hello Kitty cut out from Hello Kitty Greetings at I think 4 1/2. 
Sentiment from My Pink Stamper Stamps Spooky Puns (www.mypinkstamper.com)
Stickles used for the glitter on the kitty.
Heat embossed with clear sparkly embossing powder


I only made one of these, though I wish I had made more. 
All paper used was Core'dinations (which I absolutely love!!!)
Witch bird cut from 3 Birds on Parade
Ribbon from papertry ink
I also used the Drippy Goo Punch by Martha Stewart
Stamp sentiment from My Pink Stamper Spooky Puns (www.mypinkstamper.com)
The background mat was sanded to show the under color. 

That's it for now, but I've got more and I'll post them tomorrow! Have a wonderful night :)

- Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment