Saturday, November 12, 2011

Card box

Hey everyone! It's been a couple days since I posted, but I had to work on lesson plans Thursday and then I went to the movies last night. Andy, my friend Melanie and I saw the new Harold and Kumar movie last night. We saw the 3D version and it was awesome! The 3D graphics were so good!

Melanie and I had craft day yesterday. I didn't have school because of Veteran's Day. I drove out to Andy's work to have lunch, and then I went to Michaels. They have paper packs on sale for $11.40, so I ended up buying 6 packs I think? Wow... I have an obsession. I was really there to buy ornaments for the Christmas project I'm going to do with my students, but when I saw they were on sale, I just had to get some. I got a couple glitter packs from DCWV that are different from their newest one. I also got a shimmer stack in new colors, a patterned cardstock pack and then 2 of the 180 patterned paper packs. When I got home, Melanie came over and we had so much fun! I finished up one set of my Thanksgiving cards, which I'm so excited to show you! However, I have just discovered that my camera memory card adaptor does not fit in my new laptop, so I'm going to have to get a new one or something so I can upload all the pictures I've taken of my new crafts :( I also made a video and took a bunch of pictures of the 3x3 mini notecard boxes that I've made... I will try and upload some of those tomorrow. Melanie fell in love with the mini notecard boxes and decided to make a set of her own yesterday while I made the Thanksgiving cards. Her's turned out really cute for a first attempt! She loved them so much we went to Joanns yesterday and she bought a bunch of paper packs too! Hahaha! I bought two more packs from there because DCWV came out with some new packs that they just put out yesterday! It's called the Creamy stack, and it's so nice and smooth feelings. It's got a bunch of bright colors in it that I can't wait to use. I also bought the chalkboard stack, and I think it's paper that you can actually write on with chalk. I just liked the texture and colors so I bought it. She also bought the Martha Stewart Score board so she could make the boxes! Haha, I love to bounce ideas back and forth with her.

Anyway, my mom and I went back to Joann Fabrics today to get some interfacing to make a purse that my Stampin Up demonstrator showed me. I'm so excited to try sewing for the first time!! My mom is going to help me though... It's so super cute! I'll post a picture when I'm finished and add a link to the blog I got it from.

Ok, so on to the crafts... I made this box for my friend back in the beginning of October for her birthday. I included 4 different types of cards in it, with 5 of each. I'll post the box and then a couple of the cards. I'll post the rest later.




The flower is from an imagine cartridge, though I can't remember which one... I'm going to guess Lori's garden.
The letters are cut from the Hello Kitty Font cartridge, and I used the imagine to fill them in
The tag is cut from the close to my heart art philosophy cartridge
The paper is from the DCWV All Dressed Up stack and I love it!!



This is one of the cards I put into her box. I made two different sets of Monogram cards for her and this is one of them. The white layer is from the Core'dinations pearl pack and the blue top later is from the DCWV Shimmer stack. I can't remember which cartridge I used to cut the scalopped circle on the front... But I used Storybook for the K, so it might have come from there.
On the inside, I stamped an image using the versamark ink and then I heat embossed the image to give it some shine.  I thought it gave the card a little more so it wasn't so plain.

Ok, so that's it for now. But I will try to get those other pictures loaded on my computer and I'll post the other 3 cards from my box for my friend Kelly.

- Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment