Thursday, January 21, 2016

MFT Missing You Card

Hi all!

I'm back with another card video today. I'm sharing one of the cards I made for my Card Sets that I gave to friends and family at Christmas. This one was inspired by the MFT Design Team Member Karin Akesdotter. You can see her original blog post here. I saw her card and fell in love with the beautiful softness of it, but wanted more flower colors. I was looking to make another missing you card and thought this one would be perfect!


I have loved the MFT Four Way Chevron cover plate since it came out, but I just never ordered it. My friend Betsy knew how much I wanted it, and got it for me for Christmas!! Yay!! I instantly pulled it out and started playing with it that night after finding Karin's card :)



The flowers were colored using my distress inks and mini blending tools. I used Mermaid Lagoon and Peacock Feathers for the blue flower, Tattered Rose and Worn Lipstick for the pink, Shaded Lilac for the purple, and Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn for the leaves. I sprayed them with some Tsukineko 0.5-Fluid-Ounce All Purpose Ink, Champagne Mist which I have found at Amazon if you would like to get your hands on it!!!! I'm going to need to stock up on this and maybe try some other colors!!! This stuff is fabulous! You can see the beautiful shine on this picture!


 Because I used my mini blending tools to create some colored areas with distress inks, every flower that I cut out came out different! I just love how you can see the different tones in all the flowers, especially in this picture.


 Anyway, I cut my blended flowers out using the MFT Scribble Roses die. I then took some Stick It paper, placed it on the back of some Stamper's Select White, and cut out the MFT Scribble Roses Overlay die so they would already be backed with adhesive. 

I used the Papertrey Ink Limitless Layers 2 1/4 inch ovals die to create a place to put my sentiment. I stamped the "miss you" from MFT's Written in Watercolor using Versafine Onyx Black Ink. 

After I placed a vellum layer behind my cover plate, and popping it up with some foam adhesive, I used dimensionals to pop up my flowers and my sentiment. I added some bling using Stampin' Up Jewels and some enamel dots from My Style Stamps and Freckled Fawn. I placed the whole thing on a Fresh Snow Linen Cardstock base.

On the inside, I used the Papertrey Ink Tucked in: Thinking of You stamp set to stamp a sentiment in Altenew's Lavender Fields.







That's my finished card! I hope you guys enjoy, and I'll be back again soon with a quick tip for the Papertrey Ink Moment's Inked Planner :)


1 comment:

  1. This card is very pretty and creative. Would love to try making it. Was seeking some craft ideas for my daughter’s upcoming birthday party at one of local party venues. Really want it to be unique and not just another birthday celebrations.

    ReplyDelete