Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Papertey Ink - Love Card

Hi all, I'm back today with another card video! Valentine's Day is still a month and a half away, but it will be here before you know it! Now if you're like me, you wait until the last minute to make a card you need... or you don't make one at all and just scramble around looking in your stash for the perfect card to give to the person. That's definitely how I am for my family's birthdays. I feel bad, but most of the time I don't make a specialized card just for them. I would love to be able to do that all the time, but I somehow always run out of time.

Well, this time I've made Andy's Valentine's Day card well in advance! I got a bunch of new love themed goodies in from the Papertrey Ink December release, and now that the holidays are over, I couldn't wait to play with all my fun new stuff! I was inspired by a recent blog post by Audrey Tokach here. I just loved the beautiful rainbow she made using the Brushed Off stamp set by Papertrey Ink. So of course I pulled out my Brushed Off stamp and all my new Valentine's Day/Love goodies in order to make a card. I wasn't sure where I was going, but as it went along, I decided that I could use it for Andy's card this year so I wouldn't be rushing around like a mad woman at the last minute.

I played around with some pinks (all the Papertrey Ink pinks in fact), including their beautiful new color Lovely Lady! I just love this gorgeous pale pink. It fits perfectly into their pink spectrum! I originally wanted the card to include a red (Pure Poppy) as well, but in the end it just didn't fit with my color scheme.

I just love the way this card turned out. I want to use my Brushed Off stamp set to make a ton more cards! But then everyone would get bored with seeing only Brushed Off... But who knows, you might see some more of it again soon... It's pretty much my new favorite stamp set now!



Anyway, I thought I was going to do some in-lay die cutting with the word Love, but after fiddling around with the heart die cuts, I decided to in-lay the hearts instead. I had originally wanted to used the solid colored inside hearts inside the outlines, just mix and match the colors, but I decided to try popping the stamped pieces back into place and voila! I loved what came from it :) The hearts and love word are die cut from Papertrey Ink's XOXO die set that matches their XOXO stamp set. I cut the word love out 4 times from True Black cardstock and layered them all together to give it dimension. I covered it with some wink of stella and then coated it with glossy accents. At the bottom, I just tied a bow using some small black ribbon that I had in my stash.


You can see the beautiful shine on the hearts at the top.


On the inside, I used a saying from Sending My Love by Papertrey Ink as well as the Happy Valentine's Day from Be Mine, Valentine (also PTI). I stamped one of the open hearts from XOXO behind the words.


On the video I showed in my card, I decided not to make a second Valentine's Day card because who would I give it to? Instead I turned it into a wedding card using the new set Tucked In: Wedding by Dawn McVey. I just love all the beautiful inside sentiments she has been releasing over the past year. They just look so nice on the inside of cards, and they take up a good amount of space so you don't have to write as much! (Always a plus when you don't know what to write but feel the need to give a card to someone)

I didn't take a picture of the inside of the second card, but you can see it in the following video :)



Anyway, that's my card. Thank you for stopping by today and check back soon for a planner layout video :)



No comments:

Post a Comment