Saturday, January 16, 2016

My Monthly Hero Heart Shaker Card

Hi all,

I'm back with a card and video today. The other day I showed you the new My Monthly Hero kit from Hero Arts that I absolutely love!!! Then I showed you some cards I made using the kit. I told you I'd be back later in the week with a video on how to make one of the cards, and here it is. I decided to start with the heart shaker because I wanted to show you how the dies work and how I made the background.






I started this card by rubbing  my inks across a clear acetate piece and then misting them. These inks don't react well with water, but I was still able to get a pretty cool effect from doing this. I toned it down using the included vellum and I love how it just makes a loud background look so soft :)

Next I created the heart shaker part. For my first card, I only went with one layer of foam, but it doesn't shake very well, so in the video I decided to use 2 layers, and it shakes so much better!!! I ran the shimmer white piece through with the scallop heart die and the inside heart die. Then I traced around the outside of the die on foam, acetate, and Blushing Bride cardstock from Stampin' Up. I put the foam pieces on the vellum and filed it with goodies from the sequin mix included in the kit. Then I covered it with the acetate and heart piece.



I wrapped some old Stampin' Up ribbon around the card layer, then glued it to the card base (the pink card that came in the kit). I stamped a saying from the included stamp set as well and that's it! I love how fun and cute this card turned out!



I'm not sure who I'll give this to, but I had fun playing around with my kit and making this card.



Here's the video :)






Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you back here soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment