Sunday, March 6, 2016

Papertrey Ink - MIM Ombre Stenciled Backgrounds

Hi all!!

I've been away for a month and a half, but for good reason. I've had a bunch of work stuff that I've had to do and I started taking a grad class in order to renew my teaching certificate that is taking up a lot of my time! Ugh!

Anyway, I have been crafting! I've been crafting like crazy actually, I just haven't had time to film much of anything or post anything. I have filmed 2 videos, one that I've already posted but haven't had time to blog about, and another one that I haven't posted yet, but will be posting this week!

The reason I'm writing this post is because I wanted to enter the Papertrey Ink Make It Monday challenge this week. I've watched almost all the MIM videos since I started shopping with them in 2013, but this is the first challenge I've actually participated in. I usually don't have time/inspiration throughout the week to actually do the challenges, but this one really spoke to me! I am absolutely in love with the new Papertrey Ink stencils and I can't wait to see what new ones they come out with the in coming months!

So anyway, this month's challenge was Ombre Stenciled Backgrounds - adding dimension to sponged backgrounds.

I had already been using my stencils to make 2 different cards, so I decided to use the 3rd stencil in the pack, the one with the little stripes.

I used a tutorial by Dawn Griffith here to make a sliding card. So here my take on this week's Make it Monday challenge.


I made a sliding inspirational card! I used Mint Julep, Vintage Jadeite, Aqua Mist, and Hawaiian Shores as my background, then sponged on the coordinating ink colors using the Modern Background Stencil.

When you slide it open, it looks like this:





I used the Simply You stamp set for the big you and the "are so beautiful inside and out." Virgin stamp!! I've had this stamp for years, but never used it! So glad I finally had a chance to pull it out :)

The butterfly at the bottom of the card is from the new What the Doodle: Butterfly stamp set. I heat embossed it on vellum using white embossing powder, then used my Hawaiian Shores and Vintage Jadeite inks to watercolor the butterfly. I then used my Wink of Stella pen to give it a little bit of shine.

I just love how it turned out!

I sprinkled some sequence from my stash around the card.

On the inside, I used A Little Inspiration and then stamped the smaller butterfly to tie the inside with the outside and water colored that as well.



I love the way it turned out :) A video to follow sometime this week!!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards! Love how you finished the inside and your attention to details!!

    ReplyDelete