Monday, August 31, 2015

Papertrey Ink Stamp-a-Faire 2015 Mix & Match Challenge

Here's my last post for the evening. The last challenge that Betsy and I had time for was the Mix and Match Challenge.

http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2015/08/saf-2015-mix-match-challenge.html



I chose to do Dawn's challenge to use colors that you don't normally use. I hardly ever use Blueberry Sky, Plum Pudding, Limeade Ice, or Terracotta Tile. I love the colors, I just never use them often for some reason.

To start off with, I decided to pull out my Plaid Builders Background stamp set for the first time. I love love love how the plaid paper turned out! It was so much fun and I can't wait to try using my plaid stamp set again. Once I finished my background piece, I used my Tipped Tops die to cut it out using the middle size. I used the largest die to cut out a Limeade Ice shadow. I then cut out the Happy from Tipped Tops using Smokey Shadow card stock, a neutral I hardly use as well. The stars are also part of Tipped Tops, and I just cut them out using Terracotta Tile, Blueberry Sky, and Plum Pudding card stock. I randomly placed them on the card. I really wanted to use balloons to make it a birthday card (and it's still a birthday card if you look at the inside sentiment), but I couldn't figure out how to do it without covering up my beautiful plaid patterned paper! So I nixed it for the stars and I think it still turned out okay. Lastly, I put everything onto a Plum Pudding card base.

I'm so happy that I had a chance to participate in this year's Stamp-a-Faire. I didn't get a chance to do all the challenges, but I hope to go back and complete more of them later.

I plan to make a couple videos using these cards, but not sure when they will get up. School is back in session (well, teacher's are back in session right now anyway) and my time is limited! Ahhh! And the kids haven't even come back yet!

Anyway, thank you for visiting my blog tonight! Thank you Papertrey Ink for another great Stamp-a-Faire!

Stamps: Plaid Background Builder
Die: Tipped Tops
Ink: Terracotta Tile, Blueberry Sky, Limeade Ice, Plum Pudding
Cardstock: Plum Pudding, Blueberry Sky, Limeade Ice, Smokey Shadow, Terracotta Tile
Other: Queen & Company Twine

No comments:

Post a Comment