Monday, August 31, 2015

Stamp-a-Faire Threads Challenge

Hey all, 
Ok, so I'm back with another post for Papertrey Ink's Stamp-a-Faire 2015. Betsy was over all day Saturday and we had fun creating some cards for the challenges! We only got through a couple challenges, but that's ok. I could have spent more time Sunday creating, but Andy and I have been trying to watch the entire Walking Dead series in order to catch up before the new season starts, and we have been pretty obsessed... so we spent all Sunday watching it, lol.

Anyway, my next couple posts will be about the different challenges that I was able to finish.

Here's a link to Betsy's blog for the threads challenge: Made by Teddi

Ok, so here is my card for the Threads challenge!

http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2015/08/saf-2015-threads-challenge.html

 
So this was the first thread nest I've ever made, and I don't even have thread! So instead, I had to use some Embroidery Floss that I had. I pulled a piece of thread apart so that it was much thinner.

For the background, I used my distress inks Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers, Mermaid Lagoon, and Twisted Citron. I smooshed them onto a piece of acetate, spritzed them with water, and then smooshed my watercolor paper into the ink. I dried it with my heat gun and pressed it into the ink again. For the border paper, I took Blueprint Sketch and dragged the ink along the edges of the paper to create my own colored paper. I did the same thing for the "grateful" (from Count My Blessings Die). I cut that out 4 times and then glued it over my thread nest... It's not awesome, but I think it turned out okay. Then I thought that it needed a little something else, so I decided to try out the Leaf Silhouettes Die. I again dragged my distress inks across the paper to create a color paper to match the background. I used Twisted Citron and Mermaid Lagoon.

I like the way the card came out because it's different from the cards that I normally create.

Supplies:
Stamps: PTI - Count my Blessings
Dies: PTI - Leaf Silhouettes Die, PTI - Count My Blessings Die
Ink: Distress Inks - Twisted Citron, Mermaid Lagoon, Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio, Blueprint Sketch, PTI - True Black

Ok, so I'll be back with my next Stamp-a-Faire Challenge!

- Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment