Monday, August 31, 2015

Papertrey Ink Stamp-a-Faire Pattern Challenge

Hi!

I'm back with another post for Papertrey Ink's Stamp-a-Faire 2015 Challenges.


 This is the Patterns Challenge. We were given 12 different sketches to pick from to use as inspiration to create a card. I chose to use pattern #2, Betsy Veldman's pattern. I absolutely love the stripes in this pattern and it really spoke to me :)


Here's my take on the challenge. I love love love the way this card came out!

Edited to add: I filmed a video for this card!!


Let's start with the background. I used my distress inks again for this background, but this time I did some ink blending instead of watercolor. I used Fossilized Amber, Picked Raspberries, and Abandoned Coral to create this stunning background. Then I cut it from my PTI Horizontal Stripes Cutting Plate. I also used the cutting plate to create a black border. I really think it makes the colors on the background pop! Now I have the opposite pieces left over, so I plan on making a card with them as well.

For the Flowers, I used the Make it Market Kit Stamp Set Beautiful Brushstrokes and dies.
Pink Flower: Sweet Blush, Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz
Red Flower: Berry Sorbet, Pure Poppy, Terracotta Tile
Orange Flower: Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest, Canyon Clay
Purple Flower: Winter Wisteria, Royal Velvet
Leaves: Simply Chartreuse, Ripe Avocado

For the sentiment, I used the Wet Paint Cuts die. I use the Fossilized Amber ink pad directly on paper to create my own color paper. I cut it out 4 times and stacked them together. I then used my Perfect Pears (the clear one) the make it shimmery. To finish the card off, I tied some white and black bakers twine around the top.

 Stamps and Dies not Listed: Beautiful Brushstrokes Stamp and Die Set


Thanks for stopping by!

- Ashley 

No comments:

Post a Comment