Monday, July 23, 2012

Papertrey Ink Stamp-a-faire - Tie Die Technique

I'm back with another Stamp-a-faire post!! I posted these out of order, but that's ok. In the afternoon, Nichole shared her Tie Dye techniques with us. We weren't as interested in the one she did using the ink pads and sponges, though I think I will try it later on. I am interested in trying her copic marker technique, but Michele wasn't as interested in that one. However it's ok that we skipped those two because the shaving cream technique just blew both of us away!! We couldn't believe something so cool was possible! So we immediately got to work on trying this one. I stole Andy's shaving cream from the bathroom (with his permission of course), grabbed a cookie sheet from the kitchen and we got to work! I decided to use the same two colors Nichole used in her tutorial, New Leaf and Hawaiian Shores refills because I had ordered them specially for Stamp-a-faire (I'm really bad about picking up the refills... They aren't that much fun to buy so I usually collect them a little at a time over a long period of time... but now maybe I will have to get a couple more to try this technique with more of their beautiful colors!) Michele decided to use Pumpkin Pie and Rich Razzleberry from Stampin' Up because she wanted to do sort of a Halloween theme and I had those reinkers.

We both did 2 cards the first time, then pulled the cardstock out and watched the magic happen! Michele kinda smushed all her colors together, and wasn't happen with the result when she tried to create another card layer from the remaining shaving cream. I added more reinkers to mine and then added another color to try to revive my shaving cream so we didn't waste so much, and I was able to get about 3 more layers out of mine before I decided it was time to quit and actually make a card. I really liked Nichole's card construction, so I decided to do something similar. I decided to use my brand new Sweet Life stamp set to finish off this card.  

Supplies:
Stamps - The Sweet Life
Embossing Powder - White
Bling - Stampin' Up Basic Rhinestone Jewels
Other - Shaving Cream, paint brush ends to swirl the inkers

I absolutely love my card that I created! I have to finish making more with the other layers I was able to get from this.

Michele hated her card, but I like it. But since she doesn't like it, I won't post it :)

More to come!

- Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment