Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Papertrey Ink Stamp-a-faire - Homemade Embellishments

Hello everyone! I'm back with another Stamp-a-faire post! This time I'm going to show you the homemade embellishments that Michele and I chose to do. (View the original post here)


Ashley's handstitched embellishments are beautiful, but it was getting late at this point (probably about 9:30) and they would have taken too long to complete. I love Heather's felt badge embellishments, but I don't have any needles in my home nor do I have the circle dies so I couldn't have cut felt circles :( I will have to maybe invest in those even though they are pretty expensive... We also loved the way Danielle made washi tape from PTI's patterned paper, but we didn't get a chance to do that one either. I will definitely be going back to try all of the ones mentioned so far when I get a chance! Dawn's butterfly embellishments were beautiful and I'll need to make those for some cards soon too, but as soon as we saw Jessica's video we were in love! We stopped everything right then and there to try her technique! I was so glad Michele had white staz-on, because I don't... But I loved this technique so much that I purchased some at Stampin' Up craft club last weekend (more on that in another post though...)

I didn't have the same background stamp that Jessica used, so Michele and I picked different stamps. I chose to use the Twinkle stamp set and Michele used the Wrought Iron stamp set. We were a little nervous at first because you can't see the clear cardstock and it's hard to line up the stamps just perfectly when you are trying to do a couple rows of the background stamp, but we got over our fear and plunged into our stamping! We copied Jessica's card pretty much exactly except for the background stamp on the overlay. What can I say, she has a beautiful card!

Here's my card:

Here's Michele's card:





Yup, beautiful! So I bought my own white Staz-on so I could do more of these!

Supplies:
Ink: True Black, Berry Sorbet, White Staz-On
Other: Pinking Shears Decorative Scissors

Thanks for stopping by!I'm going to try the other embellishments soon as well, including Betsy's rosettes and Melissa's felt bows :) I've got some more projects to share with you still and a couple videos that I'm going to be posting as well! I'm really excited about this project :)

- Ashley

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea with the clear paper and white staton!!!the cards came out beautiful, Love it :) xoxo sarah

    ReplyDelete