Monday, July 23, 2012

Papertrey Ink Stamp-a-faire - Ribbon Techniques

Hello everyone! I'm back with another Stamp-a-faire post!! The first challenge was the ribbon technique challenge.


Michele and I decided to try a couple of the challenges. The first one we did was Melissa Phillips grosgrain ribbon technique. You can find her post here. We skipped the first one she showed, but did the other two. We made a card similar to hers, but changed around some of the colors, patterns, and flower die (since I don't have the one she used). This first picture is the knotted ribbon technique (the third tutorial). I absolutely loved the way this one came out! I will have to try it again, but maybe with a different flower die. I just love the way the felt looks on a card! I made Michele use felt too, and I think I made her love it :) I hope... Lol
Supplies:
Stamp - Think Big Favorites # 18
Ink - Dark Chocolate
Paper - Kraft cardstock, Simply Chartreuse pattern pack
Ribbon - Simply Chartreuse Grosgrain
Die - Frilly Flowers Die Collection
Button - Simply Chartreuse
Felt - Vintage Cream, Melon Berry, Raspberry Fizz
Here is the second technique she showed us. This one reminds me of a present bow :) I wish I could have placed the ribbon leaves closer together, but with the way the flower is, it wasn't possible. I still liked the way this one turned out though. The only thing different about this one is that we used the Melon Berry pattern pack instead of the Simply Chartreuse one. We also used a Melon Berry button instead as well.

The next tutorial we tried was Erin Lincoln's Twill Tape ideas. I absolutely love love love this technique!! I will definitely be trying it again with some other colors... I have to purchase some other colors as well, but I also saw someone do a beautiful butterfly using the swiss dots ribbon, (Here) so maybe I will try that as well. Michele and I decided to do butterflies for our card, though we used the same color ribbon that Erin used. I think this was my favorite card that I made all Saturday, though I do love all the others I made too, lol.

Supplies:
Stamps - Beautiful Butterflies and We Go Together
Dies - Beautiful Butterflies Die Collection
Ink - Sweet Blush, Autumn Rose, Scarlet Jewel
Paper - Simply Chartreuse Cardstock and Stampers Select White Cardstock
Ribbon - Sweet Blush Twill, Autumn Rose Twill, Scarlet Jewel Twill
Button - Simply Chartreuse
Twine - Stampin' Up White Bakers Twine

The last technique that we had time for was Dawn McVey's bow tying tutorial. The idea was that you had a finished card that you would add a bow to, however, Michele and I didn't have any cards on hand that needed bows and we fell in love with her color scheme and layout. I do not have a thing for Papertrey Ink's Melon Berry color, but I think it is beautiful paired with Raspberry Fizz! So we decided to just create Dawn's card. We switched out the stamp set because I don't have Mat Stack # 5, but I do have Mat Stack # 3. Although I do have to admit that after watching her show how to tie a bow and a knot, my bows look so much more fluffier and sit a lot better than they did before. I'm happy that I was able to use this tutorial to help me. Here's the card we made - beautiful!

Supplies:
Stamps -  Mat Stack # 3
Bling Mesh

Michele and I didn't get a chance to try Betsy's Bitty Dot ribbon technique, but I am definitely looking forward to trying that. I only have 1 color of Bitty Dot Ribbon right now, so I think I'm going to order a couple more colors and then try it when I get my new ribbon :) I am also planning on trying Michelle Wooderson's Swiss Dots Ribbons strips technique (Now I have tons of colors of this ribbon because I love it :)...)

Ok, so that was most of our morning... we got kind of far behind. Oops! But it was so worth it!!

Thanks for stopping by :)
- Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment