Monday, July 23, 2012

Papertrey Ink Stamp-a-faire - Card Set Challenge

Hello everyone! I'm back with another Papertrey Ink Stamp-a-faire post! I told you Michele and I had a ton of fun stamping this weekend!!!

The next challenge we tried was the Card Set Challenge.


I thought Jessica Witty's Glassine Bag/Embossed Card set was genious! Unfortunately we didn't have two different sized Glassine bags, but just the one size. I also don't have a sewing machine at my house since I don't know how to sew. So we decided we would wait to do hers until we could get more Glassine bags and would be able to sew them! But I definitely will be trying hers!!

The next video we watched was by Danielle Flanders. We watched it and fell in love, so we decided we had to try hers! She created a card set using a Nugget Tin! Here's the link to her tutorial. She gives you step by step how to create these beautiful mini cards and a housing for them.

Michele and I decided to do ours almost exact to her's, but changed up the colors a little. Michele used Sweet Blush for her background like she did, but used Hibiscus Burst for her sentiments. I used Pure Poppy for my sentiments like she did, but used Summer Sunrise for my backgrounds instead. We also used the same stamp set.

Here's a picture of the cards inside. We only made 5, but I can always go back and add more to the set if I want. We were trying to conserve time by making less. 

Here's a picture of the outside of the tin. You can see the cute little cards on the inside through the clear lid. I love it!! What a cute gift to give to someone!


Supplies:
Stamp - Half & Half
Ink - Summer Sunrise, Pure Poppy
Cardstock - Stampers Select White, Pure Poppy, Pure Poppy Pattern Pack
Die - Half & Half Die Collection
Ribbon - Summer Sunrise Saddle Stitch
Tin - Nugget Tin
Envelopes - Stampin' Up Mini Square Envelopes (3x3)

We watched the other three tutorials, but did not have a chance to try them out. I will be going back myself this week and trying them! How exciting to have so much to stamp!!

I hope you liked my cute little gift card set!

- Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment