Monday, July 23, 2012

Papertrey Ink Stamp-a-faire Limited Supply

Hello everyone!! I'm back again!! Again, these are posted out of order, this one should have been before the Tie Dye technique, but I accidentally posted them wrong. After we did all those beautiful ribbon cards, Michele and I moved on to the Limited Supply challenge. We both would like to go back and do some of the mini books, but we just did not have time on Saturday to do them. We stamped for over 12 hours and still didn't have enough time in our day, lol. But Andy is gone all week, so I'll have plenty of time this week to stamp :) I'm going to go back and try the mini books! But anyway, we both decided we were going to try the limited supply challenge.


These were the guide lines for this challenge: (Entry post can be found here)

Your challenge is to create a project using the limited supply list provided below. You can choose to re-create one of the designer projects or design something all your own.
These are the specifics that were provided to each of the team members. You can use as many or as few as you like and any inks you prefer. You may also add in dies, twine or glitter if you desire. Please do not use any other products besides those listed below, however you can substitute the Natural Beauties stamp set for another floral set if need be.
  • STAMPS: Natural Beauties only (or another floral set as a substitute if needed)
  • PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Hawaiian Shores, Aqua Mist, Simply Chartreuse
  • RIBBON: Hawaiian Shores Bitty Dot
  • BUTTONS: Simply Chartreuse
The design team came up with some beautiful cards that I will definitely be going back to recreate (as soon as I buy some Hawaiian Shores Bitty Dots Ribbon!!) There were a couple that we loved, but we decided to pick one to recreate and then use the rest of our supplies to create our own challenge card. We decided to pick Nichole's card to do first. She did a tall card, but we decided to make it into a standard A2 sized card. Go to the post linked a couple lines up to see the specifics of her card.


After we did her card, we set out to make our own. We both made two and then swapped one so now we each have two different cards! We weren't allowed to peek at each others' projects until they were done. I love the way Michele's turned out! It was completely her style, lol, and mine turned out completely my style. We used the exact same materials and came out with completely different cards!



This one is the card that I created! I love it :) I'm going to make more of them to put in my stash! But I ran out of ribbon as I was making the second one to give to Michele, so I gave her the completed one (in the picture below) and kept the one that still needs the knot. I will be ordering that ribbon probably tonight or this week so that I can finish my card, make more of this one, and make the rest of the beautiful cards that design team created!

Supplies:
Stamps - Natural Beauties (Only available with purchase of Stamp-a-faire kit or free if you spent $100 on Stamp-a-faire day. In other words, this set is no longer available :( It's a shame because it's such a beautiful set with so many layers, but I'm glad I have it!!)
Buttons - Simply Chartreuse
Twine - Stampin' Up White Bakers Twine
Other - Corner rounder, sponge

I hope you've been enjoying my posts so far! I've still got more to post, so watch out for it!

- Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment